Are you passionate about working with couples using Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy? Do you want to be a part of a supportive, family style group practice without the heavy lifting of being a business owner? Join our team at A Peaceful Life Counseling as an EFT Couples Therapist!
We are seeking a Part Time clinician to work primarily with couples (as well as individuals) as part of a group practice. This is an employment, not a contract opportunity. The ideal clinician is someone with great skills who wants to be a part of a group EFT practice, with all of the support and training opportunities that only a group environment can provide. Flexible days, supervision toward licensure (Social Work or Professional Counselor ONLY), Group case consultations, individual case consult, and training opportunities provided with competitive rates.
Ideal candidate would:
- Have ample clinical experience with both individuals and couples addressing a wide range of relational and depression/anxiety presentations, able to work independently in a (supported) group practice environment.
- Utilize Emotionally Focused Therapy in their couples work, or greatly desire to strengthen these skills through group consultations and other EFT opportunities.
- Be strongly LGBTQ+ Affirming and competent in working with the LGBTQ+ Community in both individual and couples therapy.
- Experience/education in Sex Therapy, Addictions, or Trauma a strong plus.
- Be enthusiastic about engaging in group practice clinical and marketing activities.
- Have attention to detail and a strong work ethic to engage in independent work.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work/Marriage and Family Therapy/Clinical/Counseling Psychology or a related mental health field is required from an accredited university program.
- Colorado Licensure strongly preferred (LCSW, LMFT, LPC) or pre-license status required. Pre-licensed candidates must be either Social Work or Professional Counselor track, not Marriage and Family Therapy. Any pre-licensed applicants must be able to receive supervision for licensure from an LCSW. Fully licensed MFT’s encouraged to apply.
- Completion or enrollment in Core Skills (EFT). Deep training in another couples modality may be considered, but the intention to train in EFT is a requirement. People without any training or experience in couples work will not be considered.
- Intention to complete certification in EFT, and currently working with an EFT supervisor.
- Days are flexible but must include 6 evening hours (5-8pm on 4 nights), and at least two weekdays of daytime and afternoon availability with opportunity to expand into full time, in addition to group and/or consultation meetings.
- Possess own professional liability insurance.
- Three quality clinical references from supervisors or others who are acquainted with your work.
- Candidates must not have their own private practice or work in another group practice.
If you are interested in applying, please send a detailed resume or CV (the more detail the better), along with a letter of interest to Kat Mindenhall, Director (Kat at apeacefullifecounseling.com).