Stephanie Johnson, MFTC
Book a Session, In-Person Consultation, or Intro Call:
Available Tues and Weds 3:00pm-7:30pm, Thurs 9:00am-2:00pm
I’m Stephanie, and I provide Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy in Denver. I help couples find what they’ve lost and face life together again, as a team.
As an Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist in Denver, I specialize in helping you both dig deep to really get at the underlying cause of the distance you feel in your relationship. It is usually more complicated than we think. The things that are really bothering us surface in ways that actually create more conflict and distance in the relationship. This is where I feel I do my best work. My colleagues describe me as very grounded, and couples feel comfortable exploring tough topics with me. If you are searching for someone who practices Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy in Denver, I’m happy that you found me.
Often there are things in this world that seek to tear us down, and I have always wanted to counteract that and be a source for peace, encouragement, and healing. I love the idea of “holding space for someone” which means bringing my whole presence to them, walking alongside them in their journey, without judgement. People would describe me as fiercely devoted and reliable, I would drop everything I could if my friends or family need me.
“Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage are not always comfortable, but they’re never weakness”. Brene Brown
I offer Couples Therapy in Denver to Address:
- Communication: Feeling like you are on two separate pages, too much conflict, or inability to address difficult issues at all
- Financial Concerns: Getting through the tough conversations while preserving your bond, real advice to help address the logistics of your financial life
- Trust and Infidelity: Counseling after an affair, emotional affairs, recovering from infidelity or cheating
- Sex and Intimacy: Unsatisfactory sex life, lack of frequency, questions about whether you are sexually compatible
- Work-Life Balance: Sustaining relationships where one partner travels a lot for work, when life demands zap your energy and willingness to work as a team
- Pre-Marital Counseling: I offer the Prepare-Enrich Couples Assessment and feedback sessions
- Healing the Trauma of Past Relationships
- Life Transitions and Goal Setting
- Faith/Spirituality Affirming
- LGBTQIA+ Affirming
I graduated from East Carolina University with a Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy where I specialized in providing services through an Emotionally Focused Therapy lens. I am a Couples Therapist in Denver (Lakewood), a Marriage and Family Therapy Candidate (MFTCC). I am currently pursuing certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy.
Just having moved from North Carolina, I was near the beach a lot and I quickly learned that mountains speak to me much more deeply. So, coming to Colorado I naturally enjoy hiking in the beautiful Rocky Mountains and connecting to nature as much as I can, and finding new ways to stay active. I enjoy yoga because it helps me feel connected to my body, and I also love to sing, read, and travel. I adore road tripping with my husband whenever we can and finding little local coffee dives – who doesn’t enjoy an inviting little space?
Complimentary Consultation for Couples Therapy in Denver
I offer a free 20-30 minute couples therapy consultation to help you determine if you’d like to move forward with couples therapy. It can be a great way to experience what it’s like to try couples therapy without the commitment, get important questions addressed, and feel certain that you’ve picked the right couples therapist for you. You can book that online now, or call (720) 443-1947 to schedule your couples therapy consultation with our Client Specialist who can help you get started.